Friday 16 February 2018

New Blog

Hello gentle visitor...

This is a blog for me to post updates of my model-making for 1/6 scale dioramas and props for 1/6 scale figures.  I thought it was better to keep these projects in one place for ease of archiving rather than scattered across Facebook in various pages and groups.

I have been model making for most of my life, starting with Airfix and Revell kits as a child and progressing through most other manufacturers as time progressed.  At some point, I can't remember when, I started to kitbash - putting unrelated parts of models together to create something new and unique, and shortly after started making things out of balsa wood... and eventually plastic.

Fast forward several decades and I'm scratchbuilding and kitbashing things in a dramatically larger scale and thus requiring more detail and a better finish.  Below is an example of my model building - a 1/6 scale section of spacecracft.  This was made from PVC sign board material and scrap plastic/sheets of plasticard.


I have several projects on the go at then moment and will upload posts concerning these as time goes on, so please, if you view this little blog and find it interesting be patient with me.  I'm not the fastest builder in the world.

As well as my models from scratch I will also post about my repaints of 1/6 weapons and equipment as well as commercially available diorama model kits.

Thank you for joining me on this blog... I appreciate the company :) 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Blog, Iain!
    😉
    You KNOW I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John... first comment! Have a toffee apple ^_^
    Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to comment. Appreciate it, mate.

    ReplyDelete