Friday 16 February 2018

Retro Computers - Part 1

Some weeks ago I decided to construct a diorama for a photo project based around a generic early 70s British SF TV 'base under siege' typical of Doctor Who stories of that period.  This meant practically everything is having to be made from scratch.

I decided to start with the biggest props needed: computers.  That means tall cabinets with tape reels and lights along with a processing unit encrusted with flashing lights.  So armed with visuals in my head I built a paper model of the basic cabinet using PowerPoint.

 

Then I needed to translate this design to 1mm plastic card...


The access/viewing panels were cut out on both cabinets and after filling gaps and joins I started to add some surface detail...






Next... interior detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment