Monday 12 March 2018

Desk

I've been building some smaller desktop items for my tracking centre photo-set and realised there was nothing for them to sit on... so decided to build a desk/table for them.
Normally I would draw something like this out with sizes, etc... but for whatever reason I didn't this time and winged it.  Everything is eyeballed, but luckily all true and square.

Since the photos were taken I have added a third leg at the front point and raised the feet some 4mm, as well as detailing and tidying up the edges.





I then tried out the equipment for size... and was surprised it was working!



The wires under the oscilloscope will lead into a disguised battery box.

The following show a figure to see how it works for scale... and again it works surprisingly well!
(The chair is a Chinese 'tulip' design bought cheaply from eBay... I may replace it with a more utilitarian design more suited to the setting... this looks a bit of place for a set up in an old lighthouse).





Now I just need to finish the equipment off and complete the table and that's a few more items off the to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment