Monday 16 April 2018

Corridor

While I wait for better weather to start painting my 1/6 computers I got on with my biggest diorama set to date - a generic SF corridor.  It's fairly simple but allows the figures to be photographed without going into close-up all the time.

It's made from 5mm and 10mm Foamex PVC board, the material used for sign making.  It's very light and easy to cut with a craft knife.



The fans are simply plastic fan covers from a PC spares shop on eBay.
I painted the model in a mix of grey acrylic car primer and copper acrylic spray paint to create a metallic greyish colour base coat... which will be weathered and marked up.

This is the basic floor part.



And with some weathering and lining added...





The walls were also base-coated, but these need more detail added, such as lighting and other greebles...


Looks good with Daleks...


No comments:

Post a Comment