Tuesday 29 May 2018

Kitbashing gadgets 2

You may recall that I was working on this item of equipment for my science lab diorama model:


I have since added more knobs and toggle switches (thanks to good egg Bob Aucutt - lovely chap, produces a range of action figures in retro spacesuits and other screen-inspired costumes: Bobs Toy Box Studios LLC)

I still have some small details to add, but decided to spray the wireless set as these extra details are small and won't be painted green anyway.
I opted for Tamiya's British Green over Humbrol Grass Green to give a fairly non-descript colour which looks sort of military.  It'll be aged and scuffed up a bit with several areas repainted or covered in Bare Metal Foil for variety.



Looks a bit like a glutinous mass of green at the moment but it'll take shape as more details are painted in.


I added 'YUTANI' from vinyl lettering and will pick it out with wear and tear... why Yutani?  I just like the idea of visual references to random SF concepts...



More to come :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment