Monday 9 July 2018

Generic Door Diorama

Like my other photo background projects this is made from Foamex PVC board as used for signs - in this case 10mm thick.
It represents a generic doorway, either in an alley or at the back of a store/some other establishment... a good hangout for Judges, villains or police/SWAT/SO13.

I used some PVC pipe for... pipes, and there are a working outside light and a working red light above the door.  The security type light is a small LED lamp sold as a novelty reading light.

I had it lying around for a good six months before I got my finger out and decided to start painting it.

I sprayed an undercoat of Rustoleum matt black and oversprayed that with a medium grey...

 The hexagonal item is the base of the LED lamp, while the object next to it comes from an old Aoshima 1/6 Pioneer stereo model kit.

 General overview of the model 

 Bricks are from a 2mm thick cork board and the pipes are 90 degree PVC aquarium pipes


Peep-hole is from a rifle sniper sight, door handle is a map pin with a model spare part added and the door panel is textured styrene sheet. 

The red LED above the door...

I then started to add more colour - I added a brick colour base coat to the... bricks and painted around the door with a grey shaded with black pigment powder.


Overview of the model so far... the bricks will receive weathering and grout (dirty).  The stereo piece has been painted a metallic green, and will also be weathered.  The sign on the wall is a sample warning sign I bought from eBay and is printed on 2mm PVC board.



Much more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment