Wednesday 13 June 2018

Fishy trees

Diorama accessories in any modelling scale are a must, but in 1/6 scale there are few and those are expensive, but there are alternatives to those manufactured for the scale.

Remember my fish tank cavern walls?


Well, I have once again dived into the murky waters of the fish-keeping world... and found tree trunks!

Cast in resin the tree trunks are hollow and well detailed, although swarming with pin holes.  Since the cast bark texture is very coarse (realistically so) these are nearly all unnoticeable.







I shall repaint them and add the likes of moss and other plant growth on them, but for £2.99 each I really can't complain.

They work well with 1/6 figures as smallish fallen logs... perfect for rural, forest or jungle dioramas/photo set-ups.


I shall be diving back into the fish tank soon to see what else I can find...

No comments:

Post a Comment