Tuesday 21 August 2018

Thunderbirds props -part 2

Back to the chair...


My red PVC arrived and I started on the seat cushion and the back... I'm no upholsterer, so forgive the roughness of the final parts.

I made these by gluing a template to a piece of thin packing foam and cutting the shape out. 
I then glued the foam to the back of the PVC (which has a kapok type fibre backing), cut it oversize and then went through a process of folding and gluing the PVC to the 'cushion'.

This is what I came up with...



Once the chair has been painted I will glue the cushions so they look a lot neater than in these photos.  I chose the quilted look as that seemed to be the most common design for Thunderbirds utility type chairs.

Next update should have the circular base added.

No comments:

Post a Comment