Tuesday 12 June 2018

From junk...

You know how it is... you're feeling below par, feeling sorry for yourself and just lying down hoping to sleep the sickness off... lying there staring into space wishing the churning in your guts would stop... I was like that on Thursday evening, just lying on my bed staring into space and my eyes lighted on an old air freshener like one of these:


With the label peeled off you are left with three or four leaf-shaped holes.
So what? you may ask... well, the model maker in me saw something else...


I added a couple of knobs I was sent by my mate Bob Aucutt and instant retro style radio.





All I need to do is paint it a nice bakelite tortoise shell pattern, add some screening material behind the cut-outs, paint the knobs and add a frequency dial and hey presto nice little diorama accessory :)

Always pays to look at something you would normally discard with a fresh perspective... sometimes junk is junk, but other times...

No comments:

Post a Comment